Follow me on Twitter RSS FEED

Book report1

Posted in
Title: Slavery in Ancient Greece and Rome.
Author: Jacqueline Dembar Greene
Page: 60
Characters: The characters of the book are slavery people. They are very unhappy because they have to do hard work. If they did something wrong the master beat them and cut of there finger and put salt on the finger. If any slave sick he have to do work until he die because if he don’t do it the master will beat him. Also his child has to do same work as he did and if he did work his children don’t have to work hard the master will gave him a good job.

Setting: The story setting on Ancient Greece and Rome.


Write a paragraph telling a friend why you think he/she should read this book.

I think they should read this story because we don’t know many things about the Ancient Greece and Rome. For example, before I read this book I don’t know that in the earliest time people called Greece to Hellas After I read this book I know that people called Hellas to Greece so if I don’t read this book I don’t know about this. These reason I tell them to read maybe they can find many facts that they don’t know about Ancient Greece and Rome.

Why did you decide to read this book?

I decide to read this book because in my social study class we learning about Greece and Rome. When I learning about this I think its very interesting and I think if I read this book it can help me learn more about Greece and Rome slaves, how their lives. Also how they became a slave.

A Plot Summary: The plot of the book is Slaves and their life. It’s interesting because it have many facts about slave’s life. For instance, many people are used to be free. They are from different country but the slave traders gave them many good offer. The slave traders tell them to give good job and take them to Ancient Greece and Rome. After that they sell them to slave master.


Here Are Two Things That Really Made Me Like This Book:

1)A gladiator fight for his life against a hungry Lion
2)The earliest people called Greece to Hellas

Rewrite the sentence:

I really don’t understand the part when the slave traders gave free people offer to that they will gave them good job because they should know more about them and they are good people or bad.

This book similar to another book that I read because this story about slave life and another story that I read it’s about slave life.


The theme of this Book

In the book of Slaver in Ancient Greece and Rome by Jacqueline Greene, the theme of the book is Ancient Greece and Rome slaves. Slave people have very Difficult life. They have to work very hard and they cam from different country.

Write 10 words that you learned from this book.

1)Agoras-An open market located in the center of Greece city.
2)Debtors- Someone who owned money.
3)Pedagogues- An educated slave who taught small children at home and later accompanied them to and from school.
4)Manumission- the public act of freeing a slave.
5)Legions- A roman military unit with up the six thousand infantry soldiers and two hundred cavalrymen.
6)Patricians- The head of landing owning family in Rome society.
7)Crucifixion- A punishment for criminals or runway slaves is which the victim was tied or nailed to a wooden cross until he died.
8)Plebeians- A Rome worker who held citizenship.
9) Gladiator- A slave or a free man who fought in the area against other man or animals.
10)Serf- A free man who rented land under the manor system.

0 comments: